Because BuzzFeed is my biggest (and most time consuming) addiction, here is an homage to their spectacular penchant for list-making. This site has it all: breaking news, arts & crafts, excellent recipes, entertainment, style, random hilarity, articles that really make you think, cats (so many cats!) and much more.
1. 15 Tips To Improve Your Day At The Office (With Lil BUB!)
BuzzFeed is often a cure for lunch-hour boredom at work, so this post is fitting. Not only are the office pranks ingenious, the kitty that pulls them off is outrageously adorable. (Yes, I am a crazy cat lady.)
2. 16 Things You Can Turn Into Pesto
The food lists on BuzzFeed are epic. This one in particular gets me quite excited because I adore pesto, but the best part of their foodie posts is that they are almost always focused on what is fresh and in season.
3. 6 Unexpected Color Combinations That Look Amazing Together
So pretty it hurts. This post inspires me to pursue my dreams of being an interior designer, or to build a time machine so I can return to my Grade 8 art class where we played with complimentary colors and learned how to silk screen.
4. 11 Untranslatable Words From Other Cultures
This is a captivating and beautiful post. My favorites are the Inuit word iktsuarpok, the Russian word pochemuchka, the Indonesian word jayus, the Urdu word goya, and especially the Spanish word sombremesa – the time spent talking after a meal – what a lovely concept!
5. 19 Gorgeous Retro Travel Posters To Fantasy Destinations
As a self-confessed nerd and bookworm, this list makes me ever so happy. If only these places were real…outside of my mind.
6. 21 Adorable DIY Projects To Spruce Up Your Kitchen
Several of my dream craft posts on Pinterest were found in the DIY section of BuzzFeed, which is a bit of a black hole for me. This is just one of them. I really love this coffee tray – simple, functional, classy.
7. 10 Photographs That Prove You And Your Mother Are The Same Person
It is always the post I’m not looking for that surprises and delights me. This was a fascinating discovery of an incredible photo series by Carra Sykes with side by side shots of mother and daughter in the same clothes and pose. Check out the entire post here.
8. 20 Inspiring Quotes That Will Make You Want To Travel The World
Get inspired! I love this one: “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
9. 32 Fashionable Outfits Upcycled Entirely From Landfills And Dumpsters
What an amazing concept. This post combines two of my great (and conflicting) loves: fashion and environment. Christina Dean is sourcing fashionable outfits while avoiding buying anything new, and the result is fantastic.
10. How To Eat Nothing But Watermelon All Summer
Guys, remember summer? It all seems like a dream now that we’re well into November. Travel back in time with this post from June.
11. Wes Anderson’s New Movie Trailer Is Filled With Your Favorite Wes Anderson Classics
One of the best things about BuzzFeed is that I know I can always count on them to be on top of the latest releases from the entertainment industry. They’ve always got the newest trailer lined up and dissected for my viewing pleasure. I cannot wait for Wes Anderson’s next film and this breakdown of the trailer just gets me excited over and over again.
12. 27 Things You Should Never Say To A Designer
While I am not a designer myself, I do work with them regularly and am all too familiar with some of these classic lines that anyone dealing with a client has probably heard in their lifetime. Check out the full post here.
13. 27 Perfect Spots To Curl Up With A Book
I want to go to there. Interior design? Check. Books? Check. Me? Loving this post.
14. 21 Little Lifestyle Changes That Will Help You Be Healthier
This list is filled with great tips for those days that I am feeling ambitious and optimistic about getting into a good workout routine…which, if we’re being honest, are few and far between.
15. 16 Shockingly Profound Disney Movie Quotes
Profound? Yes. Hilarious? Even more so. Since I grew up watching Disney movies, this post has a special place in my heart.
16. 18 Minimalist Posters for Philosophy Fans
These posters are gorgeous and also make me nostalgic for my Communications Studies in university. (Excuse me while I go write an essay.) Full post here.
17. 21 Heartwarming And Beautiful Facts About Mr. Rogers That Will Brighten Even The Crummiest Day
Another throwback to my childhood, with wise words from Mr. Rogers: “We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say, ‘It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.’ Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.” -Fred Rogers.
PS: Can I work for Buzzfeed? Trolling the Internet to curate all of the greatest things from the World Wide Web sounds like a pretty sweet deal.